24 October 2012

Koh Samui, Thailand

Whilst I had disappeared off the face of the (blogging) earth I managed to sneak in a quick trip to Thailand.

Some close friends of ours decided to tie the knot in the idyllic setting of Silavadee Pool & Spa Resort in Koh Samui.

Having not been to Thailand since I was a little tucker it was a really fun experience.

Silavadee is set a little out of the way from the hustle and bustle of Chewang Beach but is about 20 minutes away by car.  The hotel also provides free shuttles throughout the day to various places around the island.

It was a beautiful, relaxing holiday.

We enjoyed fantastic daily breakfasts whilst looking at this breathtaking view every morning:


Halfway through the holiday I decided I was sick of eggs and ordered chicken khao pad.  It was absolutely delicious.  Chicken fried rice with lime and lots of spicy, vinegary chillis.  I would eat this every day if I could.


We attended a beautiful wedding 











(Yes, I did change my dress halfway through the wedding!)













Complete with an open bar of cocktails galore





We did everything surrounded by breathtaking scenery











And spent our days by countless infinity pools









(Why yes, those are beds submerged in the water complete with jets - amazing!)







We ate well









And drank very well (and if I'm honest probably a little too well!)




 








 

I made a little friend (he was trying to bite me hence my expression)


And the boy made some little pals too




We abused the fact that McDonald's do home deliveries in Asia





We were naughty and rebellious and got tattoos




Sprawled on airport floors during transit


 And all in all, had a thoroughly beautiful and relaxing holiday


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a great trip!! Love all of your pictures! I'm planning a trip to Thailand next year, might have to email you some questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes please do! And if I can't answer I'm sure my boyfriend or sister could. They've both done more of a backpacker trip there.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I enyojed reading your post and looking at those wonderful pictures sooo much! <3 What a lovely post!! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'm going to have a little read of yours now xx

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful! Reminds me that I need to take a vacation soon!! Love your blog :) I'm now following you

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I'm just about to check yours out :) xx

      Delete
  4. omg amazing pictures:)I cant stop looking at them. I follow you now. Would you like to follow me back/
    Magda xx

    www.maagdzia21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So unreal! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.


    xo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a different experience of different places in koh samui. Sea villas have their own unique experience.
    http://www.samuipropertyonline.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them and always reply to any questions!