13 November 2012

The Not-So-Naughty Pancake


Have you ever had a craving for something really naughty?

I sometimes crave pancakes like there's no tomorrow.  That soft fluffy middle paired with the crisp outer layer covered in maple syrup and lashings of butter.

If you're like me you might over indulge sometimes and then feel the guilt afterwards.  So here's a healthy little recipe I came up with recently.  An alternative to the naughty pancake.  I give you my.....

clean super-crepes!  

They are just 128 calories, only have 18g of sugar AND are packed with 10g of protein per serve!


Recipe (serves 2)

coconut oil
3 egg whites
1 large whole egg
2 TSP Natvia
1 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
2 TSP Vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
4TBSP Organic Blueberry Yoghurt
Mixed fruit (I picked apple, blueberry, strawberry and melon)

1. Whisk together the egg whites and egg
2. Add the Natvia, cinnamon, vanilla and almond milk to the eggs
3. Heat a pan with a little coconut oil
4. Pour in the egg mixture.... you can make the crepes as thick or as thin as you like
5. Flip!
6. Place the crepes on plates and fill with a little yoghurt and mixed fruit.
7. Roll up the crepe and top with the remaining fruit and yoghurt.

If you're feeling especially naughty add a little honey, nuts and cinnamon on top.

Delicious!!







I have been ridiculously busy recently as I just started a new job - yay!

It is for a great company that is ever-expanding and has offices all over Australia.  I'm currently in week two and loving it.  Everyone is ridiculously friendly and I think it's somewhere I could really imagine working for a long time.

The boy and I also found a house which we move into this Friday.  We are obviously delirious with excitement as we've never had our own place to decorate and fill with our own memories.


Two days and counting.


9 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look delicious! Definitely going to be trying that recipe! And congrats on the new place - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy pancakes and have fun decorating ur room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also been wanting pancakes for absolute ages but I couldn't justify it because of how naughty they are. This is definitely I recipe I have been needing in my life, great post. I'll be making these soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.
    Edie
    xoxo
    http://faketalesofthescantilyclad.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crepes are so amazing! They look super good the way you prepared them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pancakes look incredible and are perfect for my eating healthy New Years resolution.

    And I hope you make many wonderful memories in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pancakes look incredible and are perfect for my eating healthy New Years resolution.

    And I hope you make many wonderful memories in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just found your blog! - and so glad I did! :)
    I absolutely love pancakes and have a new years resolution to keep really fit and healthy... so overall this post is perfecto for me haha. Really helpful post, thankyou!

    If you have a chance, take a little look at my blog? www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com
    If you enjoy, maybe we could follow each other? Lucy. x x

    ReplyDelete

  9. I love this post, will bookmark this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love reading them and always reply to any questions!